We witness to our faith in a just and life-giving God by advocating for justice and peace. An election is a key opportunity to evaluate political issues through the lens of our faith, and help shape the leadership of our country by engaging in the political process.
Can the United Church and its congregations participate in political activity? In short—yes! For more detail, visit The United Church, Political Activity, and Charitable Status.
Use the United Church’s 2015 Federal Election Kit to learn more about key election issues and their connection with faith and to help you and your faith community participate fully in the democratic process. The kit includes:
- connections to the election for worship, study groups, and children and youth
- background information on election issues
- questions you can ask candidates
- instructions for planning an all-candidates meeting
- tips for using the media (including social media)