Eagle Ridge United Church seeks a candidate who will work with the congregation to nurture the spiritual and faith development of our young people in order to help them become active and passionate disciples of Jesus Christ. We already have a vibrant and growing program with over 100 children and youth in our church. However, as this work is driven by volunteers who are primarily busy working moms and dads, it has limitations. This minister would be responsible for collaborating with committed congregants to enhance our ministry with children and youth in ways only a staff person can.
The successful candidate has:
• Passion/vocation for Children and Youth Ministry.
• Ability to thrive in a team environment.
• Leadership skills and effective planning processes.
• Skills to communicate clearly, including appropriate computer conversance and social media use.
• An understanding of (and is comfortable with) the theology, ethos, and polity of The United Church of Canada.
• Creativity, flexibility, and adaptability with a sense of humour!